Anne Richards, Chief Executive of M&G, becomes Chair of the FCA Practitioner Panel from 1 August 2017. She has been a member of the Panel since 2013. She succeeds António Simões, Chief Executive Officer of HSBC Bank plc.
Markets Practitioner Panel
John Trundle, Chief Executive Officer of Euroclear UK & Ireland, becomes Chair of the FCA Markets Practitioner Panel from 1 July. He has been a member of the Panel since 2013 and succeeds Robert Mass, Senior Advisor in Global Compliance at Goldman Sachs.
Welcoming the appointments, FCA Chairman John Griffith-Jones said:
“Both Anne and John appreciate the important role that the Panels play in ensuring the regulator and financial services industry can have a dialogue that is both constructive and challenging.
I am sure that they will continue the excellent work of their predecessors and I look forward to working with them both in their new roles.
I would also like to thank António and Robert for their contribution to the work of the Panels as both members and Chairs.”
The FCA Practitioner Panels are independent statutory bodies that represent the interests of the financial services industry within the UK’s regulatory framework. Panel members are recruited to represent both their own sector and the industry as a whole, rather than individual firms.
Notes to editors
- The FCA Practitioner Panels are part of the system that the FCA set up to make and maintain effective arrangements for consulting practitioners on the extent to which its general policies and practices are consistent with its general duties, as set out in the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (as amended).
- Appointments of the Chairs of the Statutory Panels are agreed by the FCA Board and approved by HM Treasury.
- Anne Richards is Chief Executive of M&G, a position she has held since June 2016. Prior to joining Prudential, Anne was Chief Investment Officer and Head of the EMEA region for Aberdeen Asset Management PLC, positions she held until February 2016.
- António Simões is the Chief Executive of HSBC Bank plc. He was appointed Chair of the FCA Practitioner Panel on 1 August 2015 and has been a member since 2013.
- John Trundle has been Chief Executive Officer of Euroclear UK & Ireland since 2012, and is a member of the Euroclear UK & Ireland Board of Directors and the Euroclear Group Extended Management Committee. He began his career with the Bank of England first as an economist, later as private secretary to the Governor, and then as head of the Market Infrastructure and Business Continuity Divisions.
- Robert Mass is Senior Advisor in Global Compliance at Goldman Sachs. He was appointed Chair of the FCA Markets Practitioner Panel in 2015 and has been a member since 2014.
- More details about the FCA Practitioner Panels.
- On 1 April 2013, the FCA became responsible for the conduct supervision of all regulated financial firms and the prudential supervision of those not supervised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).
- The FCA has an overarching strategic objective of ensuring the relevant markets function well. To support this it has three operational objectives: to secure an appropriate degree of protection for consumers; to protect and enhance the integrity of the UK financial system; and to promote effective competition in the interests of consumers.
- Find out more information about the FCA.