The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA), the EU’s securities markets regulator, has appointed a new member to its Management Board to fill a vacancy following the departure of a member of the Board of Supervisors.
The appointment took place at the Board of Supervisors meeting in Paris today, 28 January.
The new member is:
- Magdalena Lapsa Parczewska, Komisja Nadzoru Finansowego (KNF), Poland.
The new member will serve the remainder of the outgoing member’s term, until 30 March 2022, commencing with immediate effect.
The outgoing member was:
- Sebastian Albella Amigo, formerly of the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV), Spain.
The Management Board, chaired by Steven Maijoor, Chair of ESMA, is responsible for ensuring that the Authority carries out its mission and performs the tasks assigned to it under its founding Regulation. The Management Board now consists of:
- Steven Maijoor, European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA);
- Magdalena Lapsa Parczewska, Komisja Nadzoru Finansowego (KNF);
- Vojtech Belling, Česká národní banka (CNB);
- Vasiliki Lazarakou, Hellenic Capital Markets Commission, (HCMC)
- Derville Rowland, Central Bank of Ireland (CBI);
- Robert Ophèle, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), France; and
- Erik Thedéen, Finansinspektionen (FI), Sweden.