From September 2018, we will be travelling across the UK with a new series of events for regulated firms. As before, we will visit each region more than once during the programme to give firms more opportunity to attend a variety of events.
While a regular series of events are aimed at general insurance and mortgage firms, we have added events for non-bank payment services firms to this year’s programme. Additionally, we will hold ad-hoc events for various sectors featuring our Executive Committee, as well as additional events focusing on priorities set out in our business plan.
We are announcing a new set of event dates and locations every few months on the Live & Local webpage. The first set of events will run from September to December 2018.
For general insurance firms, we are offering the following events:
- Interactive workshops on the extension of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR) and the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD)
- Q&A roundtable discussions with a panel of FCA and industry representatives
Registration is now open for these events in September to December 2018.
For mortgage firms, we are hosting monthly Q&A roundtable discussions for intermediaries and lenders to engage with a panel of FCA and industry representatives in an open, informal setting.
Registration is now open for the roundtables in September to December 2018.
From September to November 2018, we are holding ‘An introduction to FCA Payments Supervision’ events in London, Birmingham and Manchester for non-bank payment services firms that will provide clarity on our role and expectations, and our supervisory approach. These events will also offer you an opportunity to ask us questions and meet our Payments Department.
Registration is now open for these events.
Details for a new set of Live & Local events will be released every few months via our Live & Local webpage, Regulation Round-up, LinkedIn and Twitter. Sign up to our Live & Local email updates to be alerted by email to upcoming events in your region.
What delegates have said about the Live & Local events:
- Keeps you in touch with thinking on key issues
- Extremely positive session with lots of interaction, good context. Very beneficial. Good to have a mixed panel
- It is welcome that regulators are being approachable and open
- Important information presented in accessible format
- Always useful to hear real life experiences from the FCA
- Relaxed, informal, knowledgeable, human